Ultra filtration is a unique pressure-driven physical separation process in which the water is passed through porous (partially permeable) membranes with pore sizes in the range of 0.1 to 0.01 micron. These membranes are in the form of long hollow fibers. The result is high pure water free from physical and biological contaminations.
WTE UF Plantsare designed for a variety of industrial & commercial applications requiring high quality equipment with a fast delivery and competitive price. These pre-engineered, pre-assembled and factory tested units minimize installation and start-up time. With simple utility connections and easy to set up controls, the UF plant is ready for quick on-line service. The control system is an advanced microprocessor based system that is very easy to use.
Ultra filtration (UF) is an important purification technology used for the production of high-purity water in the many industries. When strategically combined with other purification technologies in a complete water & Wastewater system. UF membranes of UF plant used to remove high molecular-weight substances, colloidal materials, silt, turbidity, organic / inorganic polymeric molecules, algae, particulate matters, suspended solids and all microorganisms from Water & Wastewater.
- Ultra Filtration Plant manufacturer has a pore size of approximately 0.002 to 0.1 microns, an MWCO of approximately 10,000 to 100,000 Daltons, and an operating pressure of approximately 200 to 700 kpa (30 to 100 psi). UF will remove all microbiological species removed by MF (partial removal of bacteria), as well as some viruses (but not an absolute barrier to viruses) and humic materials. Disinfection can provide a second barrier to contamination and is therefore recommended.
- UF plant come in plate and frame, capillary, spiral wound, and tubular configurations have been used successfully in different process applications.
- Each configuration of UF plant is especially suited for some specific applications and there are many applications where more than one configuration is appropriate.
Factors Affecting the performance of UF
- Flow across the membrane surface.
- Operating pressure
- Operating temperature
Performance of UF System
- In high purity water systems, ultra filtration is slowly replacing the traditional 0.2 micron cartridge filters.
- An UF filtration has a nominal pore size of 0.003 micron.
- In addition UF membrane is not susceptible to the problem of bacteria growing through them, as is the case with 0.2 micron filters.
- Membranes should be cleaned when the system permeate rate drops by 10% or more.
- Low fouling Hydrophilic UF membrane
- Excellent filter performance with high flux
- High removal efficiency of bacteria and viruses
- Periodically back washed and air scoured for consistent performance
- Simple, vertical, modular design allows low cost, compact systems
- Fully automated control system for backwashing process
- Advanced custom designed Control Cubicle
- Stainless / carbon steel equipment frame
- Permeate, back pulse pumps, membrane aeration blowers and associated valving mounted on equipment frame
- Control panel with standard PLC and HMI interface mounted on equipment frame.
- High end electrical actuated operating valves.
- All alarm and shut down conditions are indicated on the control interface.
- User-friendly programmable controls
- High quality components ensure continuous, reliable operation
- Pre-engineered & factory tested systems mean easy installation
- CEB (Chemical enhance backwash) connections maximize system availability
- Compact footprint saves valuable floor space
- Quick equipment delivery keeps project moving fast
- Produces high quality Water.
- Easily integrated into an existing facility
- Requires minimal operator supervision
- Most comprehensive cleaning capability ensures peak system performance
- Ideal for direct reuse
- Pre & Post Treatment for RO Plant
- Cooling Tower make up & blow down Water Treatment
- Drinking Water
- Water for injection (WFI)
- Wastewater recycling
- Zero Liquid Discharge system
- Tertiary Treatment
- River Water Treatment
- Colloidal silica removal
- Heavy metal removal
Ultrafiltration is a low-pressure membrane process used to separate bacteria, viruses, and high molecular weight compounds colloidal and particulate matters from a feed stream. Ultra Filtration Plant has larger pores and high permeability with less osmotic effects that allows Ultra filtration plant to operate at relatively lower pressure than nanofiltration and reverse osmosis and is therefore it is least costly to operate.
\Ultra filtration plant is considered more effective as compared to traditional water filtration. An Ultra Filtration Plant is used in turbidity removal; in addition, it also removes bacteria, virus, microorganisms, particulate material, and natural organic materials from the water.
Ultrafiltration is used to recycle flow or add value to later products and more. In many cases Ultra Filtration Plant (UF) is used for prefiltration in reverse-osmosis plants to protect the reverse-osmosis process. UF plant is an effective means of reducing the silt density index of water and removing particulates that can foul reverse osmosis membranes.
Ultra filtration plant is frequently used to pre-treat surface water, seawater and biologically treated municipal water upstream of the reverse osmosis unit.